Updated Contact Information:
Please ensure the main office has all updated contact information, including any new telephone and/or e-mail addresses you may have. Please also make sure the main office has updated emergency contact information in case we need to contact one of your child’s emergency contacts. If you did not receive a phone message reminding you of back-to-school night this week, please contact the main office (973-347-0020 ext. 212) as your contact information needs to be updated.
New Messenger System:
As discussed at back-to-school night, we are now utilizing a new school messenger system called SchoolMessenger. Throughout the school year, you will receive e-mail and telephone messages that include important school information, such as the back-to-school night phone message that was sent out. This new system also includes text messaging capability. The system will be configured to send text messages to cell phone numbers whose recipients have agreed to receive them. You will receive a text message from SchoolMessenger at some point within the next couple of weeks if you have provided the district with your cell phone number. In short, recipients will receive a text message asking if they would like to opt-in to receive text messages. Recipients can easily opt-in by simply sending “Y” (or “Yes”), via text message, to our SchoolMessenger Short Code number. All instructions on how to opt-in will be contained in the text message that you will receive.
You can also download the SchoolMessenger app on your phone. As a parent, the SchoolMessenger App provides you with the ability to:
1) view and listen to messages sent from your school or district
2) join and participate in one or more groups created by teachers.
3) customize how you receive messages from the school or district (Please note: In order to customize your settings, you will need to register online or download the app).
You can register or download the app by doing the following:
- Access the SchoolMessenger app via the Play Store, App Store or by navigating to go.schoolmessenger.com
- Click on "Sign Up"
- Enter your email address (we must have it on file) and desired password
- You will receive an email with a link to activate your account. Click the link.
- You may initially be greeted with a phone call opt-in
- Once you are at the main screen, click on the menu button in the top left and select "Preferences".
- Select each notification type and choose how you want to be notified (phone/email).
Please see the attached documentation for more detailed information. If you have questions, please contact Todd Erwin, our technology specialist, who can answer any questions you may have. He can be contacted at 973-347-0020, extension 279.